In 1883, the Department of Marine established a light on Aylmer Island, Baskins Wharf, and Buckomís Point on Lac DeschÍnes along with three other places along the Upper Ottawa River as noted in the departmentís annual report for that year:
Six new lighthouses on the Upper Ottawa River, at the following points, via.:ó At Aylmer Island, in Lake des Chenes; Baskinís Wharf, Lake des Chenes, about 12 miles above Aylmer; Buckomís Point, in the same Lake, about 16 miles farther up the Ottawa; Morrisonís Island or Hawleyís Island, about 3 miles below Pembroke, and McQuestionís Point, on the south shore of the Deep River, about 25 miles above Pembroke. In each case a fixed white light is shown from a small dioptric lantern, hoisted to the top of a mast, having a small shed at its base.Godfrey Ouellette was appointed the first keeper of Buckomís Point Lighthouse in February 1884, and he served through the 1912 season. A. Ouellette assumed responsibility for the light in early 1913 and served through at least 1923.
Fifteen kilometres downstream from Chats Falls Dam, a peninsula is located along the western shore of Ottawa River. Buckhamís Bay, a long, narrow bay that is two kilometres long and only 250 metres wide, is situated between this peninsula and the mainland, while Constance Bay is located on the eastern side of the peninsula. Buckomís (Buckhamís) Point is located on the eastern side of the entrance to Buckhamís Bay.
In 1889, a pier was built about 150 metres offshore from Buckomís Point, and an enclosed square, wooden tower that stood twenty-five feet tall was placed on the pier. Buckomís Point Light served to mark the low point and the shoals off of it. A dioptric lens in the lantern room of the tower produced a fixed white light.
There is no longer a navigational light at this location.
Keepers: Godfrey Ouellette (1884 Ė 1912), A. Ouellette (1913 Ė at least 1923).