C.L. McKean built the lighthouse under a $2,025 contract, while Messrs. Gould, Shapley & Muir provided the steelwork for the foundation for $2,071. The cost of constructing the wooden cribwork pier, which measured fifty-four feet long by thirty feet wide and was twenty-three feet high, came to $6,478.
The Canadian Coast Guard burned down Navy Bar Lighthouse in 1967. Some feel the removal of the lighthouse was in preparation for the Queen Mother’s visit to St. Andrews that year, as the structure was considered an eyesore.
Keepers: Theobald Rooney (1906 – 1921), Carl Cronk (1921), T.H. McAlenan (1921), R.C. Sharkey (1921), B.F. Doughty (1921 – 1928), J.W. Doughty (1928 – at least 1937), Frank McAllenan ( – 1966).