The foundation of the tower had to be repaired in 1887 after the heavy spring freshets that year. In 1891, the lighthouse was moved fifty feet back from the water and placed on a stone foundation at a cost of $95 plus $30 for purchasing the new site.
In 1898, the battens were removed from the tower and replaced with shingles, new steps up to the light were made, and the reflector was resilvered. In 1909, the illuminating apparatus was changed to a sixth-order lens.
The light had been discontinued by 1947.
Keepers: Robert McMann (1876 – 1901), Robert Harvey McMann (1901 – at least 1923).