Home Maps Resources Calendar About
Resources Calendar About
McFarlane Point, NB  Lighthouse destroyed.   

Select a photograph to view a photo gallery

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

See our full List of Lighthouses in New Brunswick Canada

McFarlane Point Lighthouse

In 1909, Edward Rourke supervised the construction by day labour of a wooden lighthouse at McFarlane Point on the eastern shore of the Petitcodiac River. The square tower had sloping sides and was surmounted by a square wooden lantern, from which a fixed white light was shown at a height of twenty-seven feet about high-water. Alexander McFarlane was its first keeper, and the light was active until being destroyed by fire on September 13, 1921.

Keepers: Alexander McFarlane (1909 1917), Mrs. A. McFarlane (1917), B. Dobson (1917 1921).

References

  1. Annual Report of the Department of Marine, various years.

Copyright © 2001- Lighthousefriends.com
Pictures on this page copyright none, used by permission.
email Kraig