Hopewell Cape is situated at the point where the Petitcodiac and Memramcook rivers meet Shepody Bay. A wooden, pyramidal lighthouse, which stood four metres tall and displayed a fixed white light, was built on the public wharf at Hopewell Cape in 1915 by day labour under the supervision of J.J. Christopher.
The tower was blown off the wharf in a gale on September 14, 1937, but its base was recreated and a new lantern placed on it in 1938. The List of Lights for 1954 shows the square tower still in use, but it was not listed in 1955.
Keepers: G.M. Fownes (1916 – 1917), Mrs. B. Tingley (1917 – 1918), Mrs. L.L. Tingley (1918 – at least 1923).
- Annual Report of the Department of Marine, various years.