A square, white tower with a red roof was built on the southern point of Campbell Island in 1888 to guide vessels into Dipper Harbour. The lighthouse exhibited a fixed white light at an elevation of 9.1 metres and was first lit on July 1, 1888. Hugh Belmore was hired as the first keeper of the light. Fenwick Belmore replaced Hugh Belmore as keeper in 1895 and served through at least 1923.
The light was changed to red in 1889, and in 1891 an additional window was added to the lantern so additional light could be exhibited in a southeasterly direction to help mariners make the inner harbour. The tower was destroyed on September 11, 1954.
Keepers: Hugh Belmore (1888 – 1895), Fenwick Belmore (1895 – at least 1923).