Home Maps Resources Calendar About
Resources Calendar About
Parkers Cove, NS  Lighthouse destroyed.   

Select a photograph to view a photo gallery

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

See our full List of Lighthouses in Nova Scotia Canada

Parkers Cove Lighthouse

Parkers Cove is a small village located on the Bay of Fundy, roughly eight kilometres north of Annapolis Royal. In 1909, the Department of Marine noted the completion of a lighthouse to mark the village’s harbour:
A lighthouse was erected on the government wharf, at a point 57 feet from the outer end. It is a wooden tower, square in plan, with sloping sides, surmounted by a square wooden lantern, the whole painted white; and is 22 feet high from base to top of ventilator on lantern. The light is fixed red dioptric of the sixth order, visible from all points of approach by water. The tower was erected by contract, by Mr. John P. Rooney, of Granville Ferry, N.S., for $365; and an additional sum of $45 was allowed him for protection work in front of the tower.
Thomas Milner was hired as the first keeper of the light at an annual salary of $100.

The wooden tower was still listed as being in place in a 1955 Light List, but by 1960, a pole light had been established to mark the harbour. Today, a cylindrical mast at the end of the east breakwater displays a flashing green light for mariners.

Keepers: Thomas Milner (1909 – 1912), C. Halliday (1912 – at least 1923).


  1. Annual Report of the Department of Marine and Fisheries, various years.

Copyright © 2001- Lighthousefriends.com
Pictures on this page copyright Library Archives Canada, Michel Forand, used by permission.
email Kraig