1827 – Light established.
1838 – Fog's-point light-house.—Light on keeper's dwelling; burns ten lamps with spherical reflectors; requires a new set of lamps and reflectors. This light well kept.
1850 - Fog’s Point light-house. - 15 lamps; John I. Tyler, keeper; supplied June 26, 1850.
Dwelling-house is built of brick, having the roof covered with zinc; and several of the sheets are loose, and the remainder becoming so. Lantern is upon the roof of the dwelling, and some leaky; lamps, reflectors, and oil-butts are good. Dwelling wants painting and whitewashing, and fixtures about the premises. The present keeper took charge 16th October last.
Left June 22, 1849 437 gallons of oil. Found on hand 90. 347 consumed in 369 days is equal to 343 gallons per year, or 34 3/10 gallons per lamp.
Delivered 235 gallons spring oil, 111 gallons winter oil, on hand 90, for total on hand of 436 50 tube glasses; 25 yards cloth; 3 gross wicks; 1 buff skin; 1 pair scissors; 1 box soap; 1 box Tripoli; 1 file; 9 burners, complete; 9 outside burners. 2 spare lamps, in good order; common burners; 15-inch reflectors.
1855 – Fogs' Point.—A fifth order Fresnel lens was put up at this station and exhibited on the 18th August last, and was substituted for a reflecting apparatus of 10 lamps and 10 sixteen-inch reflectors.
1855 – Keeper Daniel B. Hall $400
1864 – The light-houses at Clay island, Fog Point, Watt's island, Tuckey Point, Fishing Battery, and Havre-de-Grace, being at present fitted with lanterns of an old and exceedingly defective character, the interests of commerce demand that steps be taken to remedy the evil. An estimate to cover the cost of furnishing new lanterns of proper plan is submitted.
1867 – Franklin lamps have been substituted for the Fountain lamps heretofore in use at Cherrystone, Piney Point, Sharp's island, Fog Point, Watts island, Craney island, Clay island, and Stingray Point
1867 – Watt's island, Fog Point and Clay island.—New lanterns have been substituted for the old and worn-out ones, and the stations have been generally and thoroughly repaired.
1868 – Fog Point.—In good condition.
1869 – Fog Point.—In good condition.
1874 – Solomon's Lump, in Kedge's Strait, between Tangier Sound and Chesapeake Bay, Virginia.—An appropriation of $15,000 was made at the last session of Congress, for a light-house off Solomon's Lump, to take the place of that at Fog Point. The light house will be a square structure, resting on five wrought-iron piles, in five feet water. Its construction will be undertaken without unnecessary delay.
1875 – Solomon's Lump, in Kedge's Strait, between Tangier Sound and Chesapeake Bay, Virginia.—A site having been selected for the light-house to be built on Solomon's Lump, to take the place of the one at Fog Point, and plans having been prepared, the work was begun on the 21st of June, and is now in progress. The structure will be a screw-pile light-house, on five wrought-iron piles, square in plan, with a lantern surmounting the keeper's dwelling. It is expected that the light will be exhibited during the present season.
1876 – Solomon's Lump, in Kedges Strait, Virginia.—This light-house was completed and the light exhibited for the first time on the 10th of September, 1875. At the same time the light at Fog Point was discontinued.
1876 – On Fog Point, east side of Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Discontinued on September 10, 1875. (Superseded by Solomon’s Lump light).
Keepers: John M. White (at least 1831 – 1844), Mathias D. Wainwright (1844 – 1849), John L. Tyler (1849 – 1852), Daniel B. Hall (1852 – 1853), Charles Fontain (1853), Daniel B. Hall (1853 – 1858), Ephraim Tyler (1858 – 1875).