Master of Steamer Pequasset, Eastport.
BION BRADBURY, Esq.,
Collector of the District of Passamaquoddy, Eastport.
1854 Appropriated by act of Congress for a beacon on a ledge in St. Croix River, four miles below the town of Calais, & a lt-ho. on Big Island at Mouth of St. Croix River, Me. August 3, 1854, $9,000.
1856 New light-houses have been erected during the year in the first district on Big island, St. Croix river, at Winer Harbor, east end of Edgemoggin reach, and on Kennebunk pier-head.
1859 Congress at its last session having empowered the department, upon the recommendation of the Light-house Board, to discontinue from time to time such lights as may become useless by reason of mutations of commerce and changes of channels of harbors, and other causes," the following lights have been dispensed with, viz: St. Croix River, Prospect Harbor, ...
1878 Saint Croix, on Dochet's Island, Saint Croix River, Maine.The roof of the dwelling at this station was reshingled. The porch and chimney rebuilt, and the exterior walls repainted. The station is now in fair condition.
1880 Saint Croix on Dochet's Island, Saint Croix River, Maine.Leaks were stopped in the lantern-deck and tower, and the exterior was repainted. The cellar floor and brick cistern were repaired.
1882 Saint Croix River, on Dochets Island, Saint Croix River, Maine. The brick cistern was repaired and a new floor was laid in the fuel house.
1885 Saint Croix, on Dochet or Demonts Island, opposite Red Beach, Maine.A frame boat-house, 20 by 12 feet, and a boat-slip 80 feet long, were built, a winch and rope were furnished, and various repairs were made.
1888 Lightning conductors were provided and attached to the towers at the following stations.
1888 Saint Croix River, on Dochet or Demonts Island, Maine.A porch and wood-house were built and minor repairs were made to the dwelling and barn.
1895 St. Croix River, on Dochet Island, Maine.A new cistern was built in the cellar and a concrete floor was laid. Various repairs were made.
1907 St. Croix River, on Dochet Island, Maine.-A brick oil house was built and minor repairs were made.
1908 Bell struck by machinery established.
1913 Frank B. Ingalls efficiency pennant for 1913.
1914 Frank B. Ingalls efficiency pennant for 1914.
1915 Keeper Frank B. Ingalls awarded lighthouse efficiency pennant for 1915.
1916 Keeper Frank B. Ingalls awarded lighthouse efficiency pennant for 1916.
1917 Keeper Frank B. Ingalls awarded efficiency flag for 1917.
1918 Keeper Frank B. Ingalls awarded lighthouse efficiency flag for 1918.
1919 Keeper Frank B. Ingalls awarded lighthouse efficiency flag for 1919.
1920 Keeper Frank B. Ingalls awarded lighthouse efficiency flag for 1920.
1921 Keeper Frank B. Ingalls awarded efficiency flag for 1921.
1922 Keeper Frank B. Ingalls awarded efficiency flag for 1922.
1957 St. Croix River Lighthouse automated.
1976 - St. Croix River Lighthouse destroyed by fire.
Keepers: Elias Barber (1856 1859), Jacob F. Young (1869 1876), Harrison Keen (1876 1880), Joseph Huckins (1880 1903), M. A. Huckins (1903), Walden B. Hodgkins (1903 1905), Frank N. Jellison (1905 1912), Frank B. Ingalls (1912 1923), Charles A. Kenney (1923 1930), Elson L. Small (1930 1946), George S. Morrison (1946 1949), Everett W. Quinn (1949 1954), Wilbur Bardwell (1954 ).