1853 The light house authorized to be placed at East Pascagoula, Mississippi, will receive the earliest attention of the board, after the report and survey asked of the coast survey, for the purpose of determining the proper site, shall have been received.
1854 A keeper's dwelling, to show a light from its top, has been begun at East Pascagoula, and is progressing rapidly to completion.
1868 East Pascagoula river.Renovated and put in complete order during the year and the light exhibited for the first time since 1861 on the evening of April 20,1868.
1869 East Pascagoula.This station is in good condition.
1879 East Pascagoula River, Mississippi.The slate roof of the dwelling was raised, strengthened, and repaired; the plastering was taken out of all the rooms and hallways, and the interior of the house ceiled and painted. A new boat-house was built and the station placed in good order
1881 East Pascagoula River, at west side of mouth of East Pascagoula River, Mississippi.The iron-work was scraped and coal-tarred, and a few small repairs were made. The inside of the buildings was painted, and the outside whitewashed. The outside of the outbuildings and the breakwater were whitewashed. The station was put in good order.
1885 East Pascagoula River, mouth of East Pascagoula River, Mississippi.The breakwater was put in good order and various minor repairs were made.
1887 East Pascagoula River, west side of the mouth of East Pascagoula River, Mississippi.A survey of the site was made, also tracings of the reservation and buildings.
1888 Pascagoula River (East), Mississippi Sound, Mississippi.The attention of the Board has been called to the necessity that exists for the establishment of lights to guide into the mouth of the Pascagoula River, Mississippi. The channel at the mouth of this river is nearly completed by the Government. This channel is so narrow that it will be very difficult to find or follow it at night if it is not properly lighted, and night work is often required to take advantage of the high water, which only occurs once in twenty-four hours. Hence the Board recommended that range-lights be established to guide vessels into the mouth of the Pascagoula River, estimating the cost at $1,000. A bill for this purpose was introduced and referred to the Committee on Appropriations by the House of Representatives.
1888 -586. East Pascagoula River, mouth of East Pascagoula River, Mississippi Sound, Mississippi.A new wharf was built from the gallery to a point about 20 feet out in the river, also a walk 4 feet wide by 80 feet long with hand-railing. A new boat-house was erected on creosoted piles alongside of the walk in the river, with two flights of stairs connecting the walk with the boat-house. The wood-shed, the gallery, and two flights of steps were rebuilt, a new cistern pump was put in, and various repairs were made. Some 122 cubic yards of granite rock and oyster-shell ballast were put in place on the east, south, and west sides of the breakwater.
1889 East Pascagoula River range-lights, Mississippi Sound, Mississippi. An appropriation of $1,000 was made for establishing range-lights to guide into the mouth of the Pascagoula River, Mississippi. These lights will be erected at an early day.
1890 Pascagoula River Range (rear), Mississippi Sound, Mississippi. Changed from fixed white to fixed red, November 21,1889.
1890 Pascagoula River Range, Mississippi Sound, Mississippi.Two lens-lantern lights, September 21,1889.
1890 Pascagoula River range (front), entrance to Pascagoula River, Mississippi Sound, Mississippi.This beacon light consists of a triangular pyramidal wooden frame-work on a foundation of three iron-cased piles all painted black. A white light is shown from a lens lantern 22 feet above the water.
1890 Pascagoula River range (rear), entrance to Pascagoula River, about 1,450 feet 88 W. of East Pascagoula River light-station, Mississippi Sound, Mississippi.This beacon light consists of a triangular pyramidal wooden frame-work on a foundation of three iron-cased piles all painted black. A red light is shown from a lens lantern 28 feet above the water.
1891 East Pascagoula River, Mississippi.Thirty-six tons of rock ballast were placed in front of the station.
1892 East Pascagoula River, mouth of East Pascagoula River, Mississippi.Some 76 tons of rock were placed in front of the station to protect the site. Various minor repairs were made.
1893 Pascagoula River (rear), at the entrance to the Pascagoula River, Mississippi.This beacon which was damaged by lightning on July 18,1892, was thoroughly repaired and is now in good condition.
1893 East Pascagoula River, mouth of East Pascagoula River, Mississippi.A topographical survey was made at this station.
1894 East Pascagoula River, mouth of Hast Pascagoula River, Mississippi.Extensive repairs were made at this station. Some 480 tons of ballast, consisting of rock, oyster shells, and sand were placed on the light house reservation, and in front and rear of the breakwater.
1895 East Pascagoula River, mouth of East Pascagoula River, Mississippi.A new roof was put on. Thorough repairs were made.
1898 Pascagoula River (rear), at entrance to Pascagoula River, Mississippi.This structure was thoroughly repaired and all new work painted. A new tripod was built raising the focal plane of the light 12 feet 4 inches, giving it a total height, after the change, of 40 feet 4 inches above mean high water. A ladder was put on the west side of the beacon.
1898 East Pascagoula River, mouth of East Pascagoula River, Mississippi.Three rooms were added to the keeper's dwelling. One of the old cisterns was taken down and its foundation was removed to make room for the wash room. New walks were built. The old platform was removed and a new platform was built. The assistant keeper's dwelling was thoroughly repaired.
1902 East Pascagoula River, at the westerly side of the mouth of East Pascagoula River, northerly side of Mississippi Sound, Mississippi.The wooden breakwater was cut down and about 350 tons of ballast rock put in place. A boathouse was built. Some 103 feet of plank walk with hand rail on each side was built. A brick oil house was built. It has a galvanized-iron roof and brick floor. Various repairs were made.
1907 - Reimbursement of Assistant Light-Keeper Poitevin for losses sustained during the hurricane of September 27, 1906.During the hurricane of September 27, 1906, the light-station, East Pascagoula River, Mississippi, was destroyed, and Mr. Gaston R. Poitevin, assistant keeper, sustained serious losses of personal property, as the dwelling occupied by him was entirely swept away. These losses, amounting to $459.20, were examined and approved, and the Board recommends that an appropriation of that amount be made to reimburse him.
1909 The balance of the appropriation for light-keepers' dwellings, made by the acts of March 4, 1907, and May 27, 1908, was applied to the construction of dwellings at the following-named light-stations: East Pascagoula River, Miss.
1915 Epps Danley Commended for conduct during hurricane.
1919 Rebuilt 190 feet of walk, fence, and repaired water-closet, gallery, steps, etc.
1919 Niels Nilsen, keeper Pascagoula River Entrance Lights, Frank P. Spratley, keeper Horn Island, towed disabled launch from Horn Island Light Station to Pascagoula River Entrance Lights, where the owner and his wife were furnished food and shelter and the launch placed in running order. Happened on June 19, 1919.
1921 Niels Nilsen, keeper, towed the launch Norwa W, with 12 passengers aboard, to place of safety during storm. Happened on March 20, 1921.
1923 Niels Nilsen, keeper of Pascagoula River Entrance Light station, M.S., on August 15, rescued the occupants of a row boat which capsized in the vicinity of the light station.
1924 Niels Nilsen, Keeper of Pascagoula River Entrance Lights, Miss., on January 16, sighted the disabled launch Sylph and towed her and occupants to Pascagoula.
1925 On the night of February 21 Niels Nilsen, keeper of Pascagoula River Entrance Lights, Miss., assisted the yacht Flying Cloud, which ran aground on the west bank of that channel.
1929 Niels Nilsen, keeper of Pascagoula River Entrance Lights, Miss., and John R. Pounds, assistant keeper, in the face of hurricane warning during very bad weather on September 29, rescued two boys who were adrift in a skiff in Mississippi Sound.
1929 Niels Nilsen, keeper of Pascagoula River Entrance Lights, Miss., and John R. Pounds, assistant keeper, in the face of hurricane warnings during very bad weather on September 29, rescued two boys who were adrift in a skiff in Mississippi Sound.
1930 Niels Nilsen, keeper, and Jon R. Pounds, assistant keeper, Pascagoula River Lights, Miss., discovered the lifeless body of a man drifting in a skiff on April 1. The skiff was towed ashore and the city authorities notified.
Second Assistant: Gaston R. Poitevin (1904 1905), Sydney Gibbon (1905 1906), Edward J. Murray (1906), William E. Ewing (1936 1940), Joseph P. Janezylik (at least 1940).