Range lights have been established on Warren farm, on the western side of Charlottetown harbour. The lights are from inclosed wooden towers, square in plan, with sloping sides, surmounted by square wooden lanterns, the whole painted white. Each tower is 30 feet high from its base to the top of ventilator on the lantern, and the lights are fixed red seventh order dioptric lights, visible 2 miles in the line of range. The front light is elevated 39 feet above high water mark, and the back tower stands 1,143 feet from the front one, the light being elevated 57 feet above high water mark. The work was done by days labour under the agency at Charlottetown at a cost to date of $1,495.39.
The first keeper of the Warren Farm Range Lights was Alexander S. McNeil, who added this responsibility to his job as keeper of the Blockhouse Lighthouse, which he had held since 1901.
Around the 1960s, the name of the range was changed from Warren Farm to Warren Cove. The lights are on the grounds of the Fort Amherst/Port La Joye National Historic Site.
The range lights received new siding in 2008.
Keepers: Alexander S. McNeil (1907 1912), C. E. H. Newson (1912 1921), J. L. Doiron (1921 1923), James H. Feehan (1923 1931), Herbert Grovette (1931 1936), Maurice F. White (1936 1956), Harold MacKinnon (1956 1957).