|Boyer Bluff, WI|
Description: On September 5, 1933, a flashing white light of 280 candlepower was established on a white skeleton pyramidal tower on Boyer Bluff, the northwesterly end of Washington Island. The light had a focal plane of 215 feet and was visible for eleven miles.
In 2012, the light produced a white flash every six seconds, had a focal plane of 220 feet, and was located atop a sixty-seven-foot-tall tower.
Located on the northwestern tip of
Washington Island, just off the northern
end of the Door County Peninsula. The light is owned by the Coast Guard. Grounds/tower closed.
The light is owned by the Coast Guard. Grounds/tower closed.
Pictures on this page copyright Kraig Anderson, used by permission.