By 1929, the concrete base for the front light must have become unstable as that year the front light was relocated to a sixty-three-foot-tall, skeletal, steel tower with an enclosed watchroom and lantern room. It is likely that this was the tower that formerly housed the rear range light as it matches its location and description. The rear light received a new tower in 1929 in the form of an eighty-five-foot-tall, skeletal, steel tower that was aluminum coloured and had a watchroom and lantern room of the same colouring. The two towers were separated by 1,324 yards and each had slatwork on their side that faced the range line to enhance their visibility during the day.
La Pérade Range remains active today, with the same tower locations established in 1929. The concrete base that supported the original front range light can still be seen in the St. Lawrence River.
Keepers: Z. Tessier (1921 – at least 1937).