|Black Bear Island, MB|
Description: Built in 1898, Black Bear Island Lighthouse was originally located on the island of the same name on Lake Winnipeg, which is the tenth largest fresh water lake in the world. When it was active, the light could be seen by ships up to twenty miles away in clear weather, and the foghorn would be activated during fog and low visibility conditions.
Located on the grounds of the Maritime Museum in Selkirk, Manitoba. The lighthouse is owned by the Marine Museum of Manitoba. Grounds open, tower closed.
The lighthouse is owned by the Marine Museum of Manitoba. Grounds open, tower closed.
Pictures on this page copyright Joanne Therrien, used by permission.