|L'Ardoise Harbor Rear, NS|
Description: In 1909, L. Mury, of West Arichat, Nova Scotia, built two twenty-two-foot-tall lighthouses under contract at a cost of $1,340. The twin towers were square in plan, with sloping sides, and were topped by square, wooden lanterns.
The following description of the L'Ardoise Range Lights was given in a 1920 Light List:
The front light, fixed red, 20 feet, visible 6 miles, is shown from a white square wooden tower with sloping sides and square lantern, erected on the beach 300 yards northward of Martin Point.
The range lights were discontinued around 1970. The rear range light has reportedly remained in its original location, but the front range light was relocated by the Morrow family to Point Michaud.
Located in Lower L'Ardoise. The lighthouse is privately owned. Grounds/tower closed.
The lighthouse is privately owned. Grounds/tower closed.
Pictures on this page copyright Kraig Anderson, used by permission.