|Western Head, NS|
Description: While Western Head Lighthouse was not built until 1962, there has been a foghorn on the point since 1924. The white octagonal concrete tower stands 19.5 meters tall, is topped with a red lantern, and exhibits a flashing white light. As indicated by its name, the lighthouse is situated along the western approach to Liverpool Bay, while Coffin Island Lighthouse marks the eastern approaches.
Located on Western Head, marking the western entrance to Liverpool Harbour. The lighthouse is owned by the Canadian Coast Guard. Grounds open, tower closed.
The lighthouse is owned by the Canadian Coast Guard. Grounds open, tower closed.
Pictures on this page copyright Kraig Anderson, used by permission.