|Salmon River, NS|
Description: Salmon River Lighthouse is a standard pepper-shaker-style light erected in 1924 on the end of the breakwater at Salmon River, north of Yarmouth near Cape St. Mary's. The light ceased operation in the 1980s and was purchased and moved to West Pubnico. An Arcadian craft shop, La Lighthouse de Pombcoup, has been attached to the lighthouse. Visitors to the shop can enter the base of the light, but can not climb up into the lantern room.
Located alongside Route 335 in West Pubnico. The lighthouse is privately owned. Grounds open, tower closed.
The lighthouse is privately owned. Grounds open, tower closed.
Pictures on this page copyright Kraig Anderson, Rich Schoeller, used by permission.