|Bass River, NS|
Description: Bass River Lighthouse, a white wooden pepper-shaker-style tower, was built in 1907 on the point at the western side of entrance to the Bass River. The light was the easternmost beacon on Cobequid Bay, the eastern section of Minas Basin and the Bay of Fundy. David Vance was appointed as the first keeper on October 24, 1907.
Bass River Lighthouse was deactivated around 1992 and then sold in 1994. A one-story dwelling was built into the base of the tower to serve as a summer home.
Located on the west side of the mouth of the Bass River. The lighthouse is privately owned. Grounds/tower closed.
The lighthouse is privately owned. Grounds/tower closed.
Pictures on this page copyright Kraig Anderson, used by permission.